Wednesday, June 28, 2006

CL Smooth Returns To The Game With New Solo Set


After more than a decade away from the game, CL Smooth is gearing up for the release of his solo debut album titled American Me.
Due in stores on September 19th, the album features production from Arsonist of the Heatmakerz, Kaygee and Tramp of Divine Mill and Mike Loe.
"American Me is about misconceptions. It 's about the things people say, the things people perceive, right or wrong it's about the speculations that we force on each other," said Smooth via a statement. "I am spelling it out, politically and personally. I'm bringing the real deal, in spite of everyone and everything else. My lyricism isn't about brute force; instead it
showcases what I've come up against and why I'm still here."
As SOHH previously reported,
Smooth will release a Best Of CL Smooth mixtape with DJ J. Period before American Me hits stores.
American Me is scheduled to come out in September