Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Music From TI and Pharoahe

T.I. is almost ready to release his next album, The King, which promises to showcase a more introspective Tip. Look for T.I. to deal with tragic events in his life, including the deaths of his friends and close associates on the Jamie Foxx assisted Live in the Sky. The track also allows listeners to understand different perspectives of the rapper and the Hip Hop artist lifestyle. "It's about people's misperceptions of me and my life. How I feel, it's the exact opposite. It's a lot more problems than people may realize. I had to show them my life is not all that it's cracked up to be," he told MTV. Aside from Foxx, the album will feature Common and maybe Jay-Z Jigga and the Rubber Band Man were supposed to collaborate but had to cancel due to scheduling issues. However, he may still make a last minute appearence.Another artist gearing up to release new material is ex-Rawkus affiliate Pharoahe Monch. P's next LP, Desire will be released through Universal's Street Records Corporation. A few months ago, there was a reported bidding war between many labels including Shady Records but it appears ex-Loud Records head Steve Rifkind came out on top. Desire will be the follow up to his critically acclaimed album Internal Affairs.Be on the look out for Desire later this year