Monday, January 30, 2006

Flavor Flav, Bad Boy, Da Brat, Jay-Z

SWEETIE’S A RAPPER!?! So, I know some of you are avid watchers of Flavor Flav’s “Flavor of Love” reality show. You will find there is very little reality associated with that program though. As is the case with “Sweetie,” who Flav dissed and dismissed, she is a rapper now! Until the very end, she was soft as Twinkie filling and now she is spitting hardcore. I recall her being a singer, but I could be wrong. Maybe she thought she could get Chuck D and Flavor Flav on a song, because these raps she has are public enemy no. 1! Still, I think Flav should have kept her, because some of the others are really wack.

BAD BOY, WHATCHA GONNA DO? What is the real deal? I heard Killer Mike and Diddy might be real cool peeps, but Killer won’t be leaving Big Boi’s stable of purple artists. I heard he’s staying put. Maybe he’ll be doing some writing like Loon. I previously stated that Loon was possibly back over at Bad Boy, but that’s not quite the case. If my source is correct, which I believe to be. Loon is going back to Bad Boy in a writing capacity, not as an artist. This isn’t anything big, because he was there in a writing capacity before. There you go.

KISS AND DON’T TELL NEXT TIME… Did anybody check out those pictures of Da Brat kissing David Gest, the former hubby of Liza Minnelli? Now, it is more than possible that it was merely a lucky click for a photographer! However, that lip-lock really looked more than a brief embrace. I just can’t see that Botox-man being involved with Brat-tat-tat-tat, a gangsta rap chick. No way! I liked the rumor about Brat and DJ Greg Street much more.

HMMMMM…BEATDOWN RUMORS! According to the rumor mill, New York rapper Mense was beat down yesterday by 25 men out in the Bronx on Sunday afternoon. Now, I don’t know exactly why this occurred and I’ll leave my opinions outta this. Still, I think it may have something to do with a long-running feud with another NYC rapper, or so says the rumors. Other sources say that the incident was captured on tape and may very well find its way to the Net like an R.Kelly video. Hope homeboy is all right though. Props to the prophets EPMD, who said, “Rap is out of control.”

BE A FAN, CHUMP! This goes out to nobody in particular. Pal, you are not a rapper. You are not a rider. You are a FAN. With that in mind, it’s OK to like your favorite artists a lot. Me for example, I admit that Jay-Z is one of my favorite rappers. Guess what? Its really acceptable in normal society to be a fan, but in Hip-Hop it becomes “your on so and so’s nuts” or something disrespectful. These individuals that refuse to let out their inner-fan are the very person that become “Stans” or are in the bathroom mirror with a brush lip-synching Jay-Z’s raps. Be easy, you can shamelessly respect artists, and not have to say “no homo” after your mirror performance. It’s OK you aren’t riding...I promise.