Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Kanye Associate Consequence is G.O.O.D., Readies Debut

After years of making a name for himself, Queens, NY rapper Consequence is finally set to drop his freshman effort, Don't Quit Your Day Job.
Cons, whose been featured on several tracks by
A Tribe Called Quest and Kanye West, will release his debut on March 6 on West's G.O.O.D. Music imprint. The album is fueled by Cons' newest single, "Callin' Me" produced by Young Lord. The CD also includes old favorites like the Kanye-produced "Good, Bad & Ugly" and "Grammy Family." West will also be providing a majority of the beats on the CD.
"What I rhyme about is what I see around me," Consequence said in a statement. "I'm a result of the hood, my rhymes are a reflection of what I see."
In related news,
Consequence recently worked with Talib Kweli and Madlib's on their joint project, Liberation. The album is currently available for download online for free.
Don't Quit Your Day Job hits shelves on March 6.