Monday, December 18, 2006

DJ Clue Talks New Album, Core DJ/Young Buck Controversy

Six years after the release of his sophomore album, The Professional Pt. 2, DJ Clue is finally readying the third installment of the Professional series.
While Clue released The Professional's first two installments within two years, reports say he's been working on the third one for years now. Six years after his first offering, Clue is finally set to drop his third installment.
"It's not me, it's the artist, man," Clue said regarding the reasons for his album's perpetual delay. "I don't
rap. It's the artists. The artists got their own schedule. They got their own agenda. I had to do it when they can do it....unless I wanna just take any song."
Heads weren't aware of Clue's release date up until recently. But instead of blaming
Def Jam's lack of promotion, the Queens, NY DJ plans to take matters into his own hands to ensure his product is promoted.
"I mean, every regime is different. I'll never depend on a label to work my record," Clue explained. "So it's like I depend on myself. You always gon' be your best form of promotion."
Clue alongside prominent DJs like Kay Slay recently
phoned into a conference call to mediate an incident between Young Buck and BME's DJ Will. Conflicting reports have Buck harming Will after the DJ defiantly played The Game's "One Blood" twice before Buck took the stage at Atlanta,GA's Club Nocturnal. Clue informed that the incident seems close to a resolution.
"From what I hear it wasn't a real fight and I heard they was supposed to be working it out. I don't know how true it is, but I heard Will and Buck was actually on the phone talking," Clue revealed. "If they can get on the phone and talk about it, I think maybe it was just a misunderstanding more than Buck really trying to physically hurt him or something like that."
DJ Clue's The Professional Pt. 3 featuring guest appearances from Nas, Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Lil' Wayne, Diddy, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Styles P, Fabolous and production by DJ Clue, Scott Storch, Swizz Beatz hits stores on December 19.