Thursday, August 31, 2006

2Mex Sounds off on Snoop Dogg Name Check

Snoop Dogg shocked many people when he dropped My Peoples. The track not only served as a preview of The Blue Carpet Treatement, but also as a means to unify the West Coast. The song, which name checks various Western emcees, mentions LA underground vet 2Mex by name in the closing shout outs.

"We were fu-king buggin' out, man...Snoop Dogg is obviously an icon. I personally have a lot of love for Snoop anyway. I don't give a f-ck if he gives me a shout out or not, I like that shit...We took that as a sign of him really trying to put the West together," he said about the song.

"I have an East Coast
rapper friend of mine that was like 'Yo, honestly Rakim would never give us a shout-out. That Snoop Dogg sh-t is dope because on the East, nobody would do that.' So, I was really excited to hear that sh-t," he added.
Currently, 2Mex and The Visionaries are getting busy with new projects. The crew is prepping the release of We're The Ones (We've Been Waiting For) which 2Mex told us may be released October 3.
The Look Daggers, his collaboration with Ikey Owens of Mars Volta is also done and gearing up for a release date. That album may come out January 2007.
His verses can be found on everything from his rock-influenced mix tape to various collaborations across the nation. But, he is currently looking for a home that will release his next solo LP.
"Now that I got all
the producers on deck, I just want to put out the biggest 2Mex record ever. I just want to do it right."
So, will he holler at Snoop for this?
"I don't know. That was a possibility. That's been my problem. I never holler at nobody, man. It's hard for me to be like 'Here, sign me, please.' I never did that shit. So, I don't really know...I'ma a figure it out. I'm the kind of dude that doesn't even make a demo. I just be like, 'If you trust me, pay me and I'll show you what I make.”