Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fat Joe Goes For Dolo, Releases "Me Myself & I" Independently

Fat Joe will be heading out on his first European tour this week to promote his upcoming seventh album titled Me, Myself & I.
Joe, who has overcome his 10 year fear of flying, will begin his eleven day trek in Portugal on Friday (July 28) and wrap it up in Norway on August 8th.
"This tour has been something I've wanted to do for years. I'm so glad I've found peace with flying and am able to finally hit the overseas market," said Joe via a statement. "This will definitely be the first of many European trips for me. I'm excited to finally see all my fans overseas that have supported my hip-hop career over the past 14 years."
Joe is slated to release Me, Myself & I independently in the fall. The album features appearances from
The Game and Lil Wayne, while production is supplied by Scott Storch, The Runners, LV, DJ Khaled and Streetrunner, among others.
"This album is really my most up close & personal you've ever heard. I'm showing all sides and letting fans really get to know who I truly am," explained Joe. "Lyrically I'm showing my vulnerable and gangster sides. One of the most personal
songs on the album is 'Maria' which I dedicated to my mother. I was able to open up and talk about very personal events in my life that I haven't been able to put into my rhymes before."
The album's first single, "Clap & Revolve", is presently in rotation on major
radio stations in Washington and Miami.
As previously reported,
Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest will be serving as the opening act on Joe's tour.
Following are the scheduled tour dates:
July 28: Lisbon, Portugal. Torre de Moncorvo Carvisaic Festival
July 29: Gollhofen, Germany, Diva Palace
July 30: Paris, France, Elysee Montmartre
July 31: Zurich, Switzerland, Volkshaus
August 1: Amsterdam, Netherlands, Paradiso
August 3: Munich, Germany, Crowns Club
August 4: Braunschweig, Germany, Jolly Joker
August 5: Chemnitz, Germany, Splash Festival
August 6: Lausanne, Switzerland, Cult Club
August 7: Copenhagen, Denmark, Vega
August 8: Oslo, Norway, Rockefeller Venue