Thursday, January 25, 2007

Styles P: I’m Not A Rapper Anymore, I'm an MC

After lukewarm sales of his latest album, Time Is Money, D-Block’s Styles P has officially left Ruff Ryders/ Interscope, however in an interview with MTV he was quick to point out that the LOX are still signed to Ruff Ryders as group. Styles expressed disdain for the label that delayed his LP several times over a three year period only to finally drop the project without support of a video or proper single upon it’s release in late 2006. Styles explained the split was amicable and he is currently fielding offers from several major and independent labels and is ready to immediately drop another album in 2007. "I guess it's hard to market me," he said. "I may rap one way one day and make 'I'm Black,' then another way another day and make 'Favorite Drug.' I had to spread my wings and do what I do. You can look to hear from me hard in March or April. I will be right back. I haven't thought of an album title yet. I'm still smoking and pondering on it. But I'm the Phantom now; the Ghost is over with. If you're my friend, you can call me the Ghost. But as far as MCing … and don't call me a rapper no more. Call me an MC."