Wednesday, January 17, 2007

50 Cent Supports Jay-Z

With the slack that Jay-Z’s comeback album, Kingdom Come, has received since it’s release in November. 50 Cent decided to lend his support to President Carter.
“ In Jay-Z’s case, he just ran into Jay-Z. The critics are comparing him to the old Jay-Z saying, ‘his stuff wasn’t as good as the older stuff, he looks too relaxed.’ I saw on a TV show recently, ‘he looks like he belongs in the office’ “ 50 said when speaking with MTV.
“They say all kinda things about him. This is them weighing what his new work is to his old work,” 50 said. “The Jay-Z record is a great record, the (critics) are gonna dog it. They are just gonna say, ‘He is not as good as he was’ You see what I’m sayin’?"
With the release of Fifty’s third album on its way, he notes that he’s been under the same pressure himself.
“My second album was the toughest. You are in competition with yourself,” he said. “It’s always harder. The title of my new album, ‘Before I Self Destruct’. Is a reflection of that pressure.”
He then went on to state that after you make your record about your environment and your upbringing (which is successful), people begin to ask what you’re gonna do next.
“What are you gonna do now? You are a role model. Are you gonna change your content?” 50 says of what he hears from critics and fans alike.
His response:
“…I’m gonna do something different….nobody can be me; better than me. That’s what the general public has bought into, 50 Cent.”
50 Cent’s third album, Before I Self Destruct, in stores this spring.