Friday, September 29, 2006

Flavor Flav Wants To Do A Talk Show, Write Book

As a true marker of his independence, Flav is releasing the self-titled debut through his own Draytown Records and Redeye Distribution. Also, with the exception of the bonus track "Baby, Baby, Baby" which features Nice & Smooth rapper Smooth Bee, there are no guest appearances on the album.
"This is the way I want people to perceive me so I don't have [any] collaborations," Flav told Billboard.com. "It has
music for all ages, from 10 up 'til senior citizens. I worked hard on it and everything is Flav."
Flav is planning to release his favorite
song "Flavor Man" as the first single from the album, which is a mixture of R&B and hip-hop. He recently told Billboard.com that he favored the song, "because of the heart and soul that I put into it. I'm playing live instruments on there and doing all my lead vocals and background vocals," he says. "I always pictured it being a big record."
While he's hoping for a good response from the album, Flavor has already warned audiences that Flavor Flav! will be his only solo release and not to expect a follow-up.
Flav also has a
television career to consider. While VH1 has recently announced plans for a "Flavor of Love" spinoff show featuring one of the women from the first season of his hugely popular reality series, Flav has admitted that he may prefer to branch into other ventures rather than star in a third season of "Flavor of Love."
"If there's a connection [on this season] then there might not be a reason for 'Flavor of Love 3,'" Flavor told Billboard.com. "I ain't scared to do it again but I ain't really trying to. I want to do a talk show or something. I've done enough dating on
TV. I'm ready to spread my wings and go down other avenues. I don't want to just stay stuck on one page 'cause you don't make it to the end of the book [that way].
Flavor also told Billboard.com that he hopes to take a solo tour and would also like to write a book and release a Flavor-helmed
Public Enemy album, "Chuck D wants to release another Public Enemy album but I always wanted the next Public Enemy album to be done by me," Flav said.
The Flavor Flav! album hits stores October 31st.